Qualified Tile Flooring Installers
Tile flooring should be installed by professionals. Trust our team of experts to make sure your floors look perfect from day one.
Preparation is Essential Before Tile Installation
- Our installers will likely need to remove your existing flooring. To minimize dust during this process, vacuum your old floors before they’re removed and vacuum the subfloor underneath thoroughly afterward.
- Decide who will move your furniture, whether it be your responsibility or that of our team. Be sure to remove all fragile items from the room & don’t leave anything hanging on windows or walls.
- In general, we’ll recommend that your linear or rectangular tiles run parallel to windows or, in narrow rooms, to the longest wall.
During & After Tile Flooring Installation
Here’s the procedure our experienced installation professionals will follow:
- We’ll start by preparing the subfloor, which is the most critical step in a good tile installation. Tile must be installed over a subfloor that’s structurally sound, rigid, level, smooth, and clean. Sometimes, cement backer board must be laid first.
- Installation consists of spreading thin set mortar & placing tiles in it with spacers in between. Grout is either applied the same or the following day.
- We’ll then carefully clean your tiles, removing excess grout.
- Once installation is complete, stay off your floors for at last 24 hours – or longer, if advised.
Your flooring specialist will consult with you directly about any additional actions we may recommend before the installation of your new tile floors.